The hospitality industry is driven by customer demands. Although the client's preferences and expectations differ, the universal resolution to multiple different inclinations is the reduction of their efforts. In other words, hotel artificial intelligence software can help organizations to meet customer expectations and ensure that the business makes the most of direct bookings.
The use of artificial intelligence for optimizing both guest experience and hotel processes is a popular trend that many industries began to adopt in 2017. But this year AI will dominate the market, especially in the hospitality scene.
According to Hotel Management recommendations, it's important to start preparing and developing an AI strategy to take effective action toward more personalized customer care. After all, it's in the best interest of both clients and hotels, since Kalibri Labs' analysis shows that direct bookings or bookings via official hotel websites bring higher profitability for at least 9%.
Why Direct Bookings Matter?
Hospitality is a business in service of the people. Introducing a third-party for collaboration and communication between clients and a hotel can only lead to misunderstandings that could damage the hotel's reputation.
By choosing to induce direct bookings, the hospitality business chooses to better understand its clients and enhance the customer service, as well as to:
- Encourage repeat visits
- Provide more information and options to target customers
- Increase customer loyalty
- Reduce service costs
- Improve brand value
- Amplify the quality of service via mobile-led customer experience
What is Hotel Booking Software?
A hotel artificial intelligence software is a reservation system that hotels implement for processing secure online reservations made directly on the official hotel's website or through hotel ads, campaigns, etc. The special benefit is that the system can be synced with Facebook as well, so that you can provide guests the convenience of reserving rooms via social media accounts. The hotel booking software is an ideal tool for small hotel managers who want to grow the business and increase their bookings. However, the majority of large hotel establishments use it as well, to sell rooms to capacity and to appeal to a worldwide audience. In addition to direct bookings online and through social media, the system is also able to provide additional resources to customers such as high-operating hotel representatives.
How Can Hotel Automation Software Boost Direct Bookings?
There are a couple of efficient ways the hotel automation system can help to maximize direct bookings. Among many software perks, you can take advantage of:
- The Ideal Booking Solution. Many hoteliers miss out on the booking opportunities when real-time booking is not available. However, the hotel automation software allows you to verify the availability and rate of the hotel room(s) for a particulate date. In other words, customers can immediately book available rooms and you don't have to lose booking opportunities ever again.
- Flexibility. Thanks to the booking engine, clients can search, select, book, and arrange the payment process within minutes, while the system automatically sends the booking confirmation to users.
- 24/7 Availability. The software reservations are available to customers around the clock. This increases the booking chances and assures clients that the hotel is always at their service.
- Elimination of human errors. Third-party service providers and traditional booking processes can lead to booking cancellations and customer dissatisfaction, due to unforeseen errors with reservations. But with the use of hotel AI software, the guests can examine all reservation details before the checkout, making the bookings more accurate and free of human errors.
- Commission-free tool. Another advantage of automated direct bookings is that there are no commission fees. In addition, hotel managers get full control of their pricing.
- Reduction of employee efforts. Since the web booking program is linked with the PMS system, the whole booking process is automated and doesn't require any staff efforts. Plus, this means that there is no room for double bookings or similar issues to arise.
- Customer data. The software collects and holds an array of customer information that hotels can use to optimize their marketing campaigns. With an in-depth insight into your clients' personal information, you can create more personalized and alluring offers, thus increasing the rate of bookings and lead conversion.
- Tying Direct Booking with Pop-Ups. Once on a hotel's website, potential guests can be alerted via pop-ups about the cheaper rates and affordable booking opportunities. This is a powerful attention-grabbing tool that helps to further increase the number of direct bookings.
- Website Incentives. Along with the pop-up, you can offer incentives for direct booking, such as room upgrades, free room service and more, to boost the chances of someone booking a room.
- Mobile Bookings. The hotel booking engine also allows mobile optimization for direct booking via smartphones. This is yet another benefit for hotels, considering that the majority of the population uses mobile or tablet devices for booking their travel accommodations today.
Adopting hotel booking software means investing in customer satisfaction and your brand's development. While the customers get to enjoy the convenience of 24/7 fast and easy booking arrangements, small hotels can gain the much-needed competitive edge.
All in all, this system improves the efficiency, reputation, and quality of service, which is why it will soon become the industry standard and a must-have tool for growing hospitality businesses.